The following article provides System Administrators with instructions to help them implement an FTP solution to allow for successful file exchange with their servers from remote locations.
Benefits of FileZilla:
- secure file transfer via SSL/TLS (can be required) or even Kerberos
- takes up little hard drive space (max is ~10.3 MB)
- comes without the IIS security concerns you would have if you deployed FTP services via Windows (IIS required)
To install FileZilla server, please follow these steps:
- Log into your server through Terminal Services or Remote Desktop Connection.
- Open a Web browser and load http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=21558
- Scroll to the bottom and download the latest install file under FileZilla Server, FileZilla_Server-0_9_23.exe.
- Once the download completes, run the .exe file.
- Read the License Agreement and choose "I Agree" to proceed.
- Select the components you wish to install and click Next.
- Select the Destination Folder and click Next. We recommend using the default settings.
- Select how the services should be started and click Next. We recommend using the default settings.
- Select how the server interface should be started and click Install. We recommend using the default
- Click Close to finish the installation.
- Click OK to connect to the FileZilla server