We'll move your files and your databases from your old host to our servers all for free.
With our free migration service, this process is streamlined by our expert migration administrators! We will move your website files, databases, emails*, etc. from your old web hosting provider to us.
We understand how difficult switching web hosting companies can get, that is why we assist all of our new clients by handling the complete moving procedure for free! We make switching hosts quick and easy for you, we’ll move your files and your databases from your old host to our servers all for free.
What does this include?
- Full communication through out the migration process
- Migration of all site files, databases & e-mails*
- Assistance with changing name servers
- Migrations done within 24 hours
- Domain registration transfer assistance
6 Easy steps to migrate your site to DNN4Less
- SIGN UP FOR YOUR NEW HOSTING ACCOUNT
- The first step is to sign up for our hosting plan. When your new hosting account is established, you can proceed to step two. During Sign up make sure to choose “I will transfer my DotNetNuke website to DNN4Less” option.
- BACKUP YOUR CURRENT WEBSITE
- There are several ways to backup your website. You can FTP to your current hosting account and save every single file to your computer’s hard drive. You’ll also need to export any databases you may have. You can also usually backup your site files through your website control panel or administration panel. If your old host utilize the popular Plesk Control Panel, you can backup your entire site and provide to our Support Staff for migration.
- UPLOAD YOUR WEBSITE FILES TO DNN4Less SERVER
- After sign up, you will receive an email from DNN4Less’ Support to provide the backup, you will also receive FTP server and login information.
- Upload your site files via FTP and wait for confirmation email from our Support Staff. Test your website via the temporary URL provided by Support Staff. It is imperative you test your site and make sure everything works properly at this step.
- SETUP YOUR EMAIL ACCOUNTS
- In order to make the transition as seamless as possible, you will want to setup all your existing email accounts on your new hosting account. This ensures email is delivered when you change your DNS over to DNN4Less. Your client email program such as Outlook may need some configuration to work, but if your accounts are established, your messages will be delivered.
- If you use your current host’s webmail program to check your email, download all your mail to a client such as Outlook. This prevents old email from being lost when your current host account is closed.
- CHANGE YOUR DOMAIN NAME’S DNS SETTINGS
- In this step, you’ll want to change the DNS settings of your domain name to point to your site at your new hosting account with DNN4Less. You can obtain the proper DNS settings from your welcome email, your domain registrar should be able to help you enter these if you’re having trouble. DNS changes take up to seventy-two hours to propogate or update across the internet, so wait at least that long before moving on to the final step.
- CANCEL YOUR OLD HOSTING ACCOUNT
- Once your site is up and running, your website works as planned and your email is all in place, it is time to shut down your old hosting account. Once that is complete, you have successfully migrated your website from your old hosting provider to DNN4Less!
What if there are problems?
Transferring websites can be a bit tricky and unexpected at times. If for some reason your site falls outside of the 2 hour window you will be contacted and given the following options:
Pay for additional time
If there is additional work involved in transferring your site you will be charged on a per hour basis. An estimate on time and cost would be given so you can make an informed decision.
Stop the process and get a 100% refund
If your site is just not compatible with our platform (this almost never happens) or if you don’t want to pay for additional time to move your site, all of your files will be left intact on your current hosting account. We will not remove or delete any files from your current hosting account. If we are unable to complete the move you will receive a 100% refund of your purchase.