How to create a Virtual Directory in Plesk 9
Posted by on 23 February 2013 05:05 PM
Applies to Plesk 9 Control Panel
- Log in to Plesk Panel 9
- Under “Files” section click on the “Virtual Directories” icon.
- When the “Virtual Directories” screen loads, you are in the website root, illustrated at the top by "Web directory /". "/" equates to the "website root". “Virtual Directories” page will show all of the physical and virtual folders in the website root.
- Navigate to the location where your physical folder exists.
- If the folder you want to make an application is off the root, you should be able to see it listed on this page
- If the folder you want to make an application is off a different folder, you should click thru the subfolders as necessary until the physical folder is displayed in the list of folders.
- Click the “Create Virtual Directory”
- On the next screen
- Enter the name of the physical directory in “Name” field.
- Enter the path of the physical directory in “Path” field. (httpdocs/foldername)
- Set virtual directory permissions, typically should ONLY enable "Read Permission" and "Log visits" per the default.
- Check “Create Applications”
- Execute Permissions: leave at “Script only”
- Click “OK”
- You will get a message - Physical directory with such name already exists. If you continue, it will become inaccessible. Do you want to proceed?"
- Click “OK”
- You should now be able to browse your newly created Virtual Directory, yourdomain.xxx/foldername