This is a quick tutorial on using FileZilla.
Computer / Software You Will Need:
- A PC running Microsoft Windows, Linux, or Mac OS X 10.5 or newer.
- The free FTP software, which you can download by clicking FileZilla.
Individual Server Settings:
- Username - This is your username to access your account on our server.
- Password - This is the password assigned to you by the system admin or the owner of the hosting account.
After you have downloaded and installed FileZilla, double click the icon to launch the program.
- Click on File then select Site Manager.
- You will see the "Site Manager" window pop up. Click on "New Site"
- You will want to change the values to match your account.
- Type in the New FTP Site Name: (Can use any name like "My website ")
- Host: Type in the host address: (Your FTP address like ftp.domain.com)
- Logon type: Select Normal
- User: This is your username. If you do not have this information, you can get it from your Welcome_Email.
- Password: This is your FTP password. If you do not have this information, you can get it from your Welcome_Email.
When the above steps are complete, click 'Connect' to connect to the server. (You will automatically be connected in your own folder).