If the database already exists and you only need to restore its contents:
- Go to Domains > domain name > Backup Manager > Database Backup Repository, select the required backup file from the list and click Restore Selected.
If you do not have the backup file on your server, you can upload the backup file to the server repository from your local machine.
- Confirm the restoration by selecting the corresponding check box and click OK.
If you are restoring MS SQL database, there is a possibility that some database users will be orphaned. In order to provide the ability to access and use the database for these users, you need to repair them.
If the database does not exist and you need to recreate it from scratch:
- Go to Domains > domain name > Databases and click Add New Database.
- Specify the database name, type and server for the database you are restoring.
Note. You can specify a new database name, but you must choose the correct database type: for example, if you are trying to restore a MySQL database, choose MySQL database type.
- Select the Restore database from backup file check box.
- Specify the location of the database backup file. You can upload a backup file from your local machine or specify a file located on the server.
- Provide the default username and password for the restored database.
- Click OK.